Sheet Metal Workers Local #1 Joint Apprenticeship Committee will have applications available between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon on Monday, April 3, 2017 through Friday, April 7, 2017 and on Monday, April 10, 2017 through Friday, April 14, 2017, at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #1 Training Center, 840 W. Birchwood Street, Morton, Illinois. The applications must be completed, returned in their entirety and will not be accepted in person or by email after 12:00 noon on Monday, April 17, 2017.
• Obtain a photocopy of your high school diploma or equivalent.
• Obtain a copy of your birth certificate. This must be a certified copy from the courthouse or health department.
• Request a transcript of your high school grades. The school must mail this directly to the address above or fax directly to this fax number: 309-291-0346
• Obtain a photocopy of your drivers license.
APPLICATION BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
Age: Applicants shall be at least 17 years of age.
Education: A high school diploma or GED equivalency is required. Applicant must provide an official transcript(s) for high school and may provide post high school education and training. All GED records must be submitted if applicable.
Physical and Drug Screening: Applicants shall be physically and mentally capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others.
Qualified applicants may be subject to a physical examination and/or drug screening on acceptance into the program and prior to being employed. The cost of the examination and/or drug screening shall be the responsibility of the J.A.T.C. or the employer. All applicants are required, as a prerequisite to employment to abide by and participate in our substance abuse policy.
Jurisdiction – All applicants must:
• be legally eligible to work in the United States of America.
• be a resident of the jurisdictional area of Sheet Metal Workers Local #1 which consists of Peoria, Tazewell, Woodford, Fulton, or McLean County of Illinois.
Driver’s License: Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license which indicates current address. Eligibility for insurance, MVR report may be required.
Legally Able to Accept Employment: All applicants must be legally able to accept employment and must provide proof of that legal ability prior to being employed.
MINORITIES & FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY, AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Note to previous Applicants: All previous applicants must re-apply at this time.
Mandatory Test Dates and Time: Saturday, April 22, 2017. 1st session 9:00 a.m. or 2nd session 1:00 p.m. A photo ID will be required!
Place: 840 W. Birchwood Street
Morton, IL 61550
⇓ Downloadable pdf. application here: ⇒ APPLICATION_PACKET ⇐
email submission instructions:
1. DOWNLOAD FILE.
2. RETRIEVE FILE IN DOWNLOAD FOLDER. ( IT USUALLY HAS AN ICON THAT LOOKS LIKE ⇓ IN YOUR BROWSER )
3. FILL OUT FORMS or PRINT FORMS then FILL OUT FORMS then SCAN COMPLETED FORMS and INCLUDE REQUESTED INFORMATION AS STATED ABOVE.
4. SAVE AS A FILE
5. EMAIL FILE AS AN ATTACHMENT TO ADDRESS BELOW.
Interest card: If you are not able to test on the date previously stated and wish to be notified by mail when the next application period will be, please call to request to fill out an interest card or download the pdf file here.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY OF SHEET METAL WORKER’S LOCAL 1 JOINT APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING COMMITTEE:
The Sheet Metal Worker’s Local 1 Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee (‘JATC”) admits apprentices of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, age or sex to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to apprentices at the JATC. The JATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex or disability in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or other JATC administered programs.